Friday, July 20, 2012

DIY Studded Men's Gladiator Sandals

It's time for another installment of Summa-time Shenanigans, yo.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have an unhealthy obsession  extreme love for boots. Military boots, riding boots...pretty much any boot possible. I legitimately own enough boots to wear a different pair every day of the week.


However, it's summer and conventional wisdom says it's far too hot to wear boots.

Can you imagine trekking through the sand with your cooler, towels, surfboard, girlfriends beach bag (A.K.A triple sized purse) and a shopping bag full of Capri Suns and Salsa Verde Doritos while trying to INSTAGRAM [@boifromipanema] and live tweet your beach trip on TWITTER [@boifromipanema] ...IN COMBAT BOOTS? Not so fun, or practical for that matter.

You see what I did there?

So my obsession for the last two summers has been the studded Givenchy Gladiator Sandals for men by Riccardo Tisci. They are really comfortable and safer than flip flops and they look soo cool. D&G also came out with a line of sandals, some styles even come in mid-calf straps!

CRAY CRAY.
Now if you are like me and you can't afford to drop a minor fortune to invest in the Maison de Givenchy, ALDO sells some great sandals for men that are relatively inexpensive and with a little TLC and elbow grease, you can achieve a similar effect to the $600.00 counterparts.

I started off with these men's gladiator sandals from Aldo.

I then purchased a pack of 100 pyramid studs off Ebay for $3.00 (there are tons of sellers offering metal studs on Ebay).

With a bit of planning, I mapped out where I wanted the studs to go. Then, using a rubber hammer, I pounded the studs through and bent the sharp prongs back with a screw driver.



Once all of the prongs were flush with the leather, I polished up the studs and I was done. Super simple and the effect turned out pretty dope. DIY studded gladiator sandals and all for under $100!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...