Monday, October 7, 2013

Música Monday: Nadav Hertzka

Happy Monday ye weary travelers.

Yes, despite our best efforts, Monday has once again snuck up on us to rear its tortuous head.

Luckily today is MÚSICA MONDAY!!!!
*cheers, confetti, party things and stuff*

This weeks selection is a bit different than that of previous weeks, but dang, variety is the spice of life amirite?

So before you go running for the hills, never to visit BFI again, just.....give it an opportunity!!!

ok....ready?

Today's Música Monday features Nadav Hertzka's "Tchaikovsky: Sonata, Op.80 & The Seasons"

Classical music??? noooooooo!

Yesss! Yes, my child


I found this album a while ago while searching up Tchaikovsky music and I haven't stopped listening to it since.
  
As a dancer anything by Tchaikovsky makes me happy, but Nadav Hertzka's versions on piano gave me goosebumps the first time I heard them.

Tchaikovsky's work is so powerful. Even it it's quiet stillness, it has an underlying energy. Which is why I think it is used in so many ballets and dance pieces.

 There is something about Nadav's versions (which are strictly piano versions) that just breathes a new life into these classics.

Now normally I would do a "noteworthy tracks" section but this week I really think that this is an album that should be experienced from start to finish.
If you are stressed out or stuck in traffic or on your lunchbreak, give Nadav a chance. Even if orchestral/classical music isn't normally your thing.
You may actually be surprised.
 
Take a listen for yourself!!

May a little dose of new music brighten your Monday and boost your week!

Ttyl,
Jeshua 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...