The fall crispness is in the air (finally!) and Dia de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is just around the corner and I must say it's going to be a serious celebration this year!!!!!!
And nothing says celebration quite like cake...
Luckily, I have a gorgeous, talented, baker for a sister who has the raddest, most creative edible ideas for all of our family occasions. This time she showed me the art of cake popage.
I even got to try my hand at decorating the cake pops and they came out pretty flawless, if I do say so myself.
For inquiring minds, here's a list of products we used:
- Pillsbury Funfetti boxed cake mix
- Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting (to bind the cake)
- Wilton's lolly pop sticks
- Wilton's candy melts in red, black, yellow and green (for decoration)
- Nestle's premier white morsels (these add a lot of flavor and really nice coverage as well as a bright white finish)
- vegetable oil (for thinning out the candy melts and white morsels to make them easier to work with)
- Wilton's red sparkle gel
- Styrofoam block wrapped in tissue paper for presentation